Pierce Hall records
015.PiH

Summary Information

Repository
Eastern Michigan University Archives
Title
Pierce Hall Building records
ID
015.PiH
Date
Undated
Extent
1.2 Linear feet 1 oversized box
Language
English

Preferred Citation note

Please cite materials from the University Archives in the following manner: Item. Collection Title. Eastern Michigan University Archives.

Return to Table of Contents »


Administrative History

John D. Pierce Hall was dedicated as a part of the centennial celebrations of the Normal School in 1949. Named for the first State Superintendent of Public Instruction, it was a part of University President John M. Munson's building campaign. Construction was completed in 1948 and was originally used as an Administrative building as well as classrooms for English, speech, mathematics and education. Pierce Hall is currently used for Student Services, registration and student accounting.

Return to Table of Contents »


Scope and Contents

The Pierce Hall records contain a painting of Pierce Hall.

Return to Table of Contents »


Administrative Information

Publication Information

Eastern Michigan University Archives 2013 January 24

Halle Library, Room 310
Ypsilanti, Michigan, 48197
734-487-0020

Conditions Governing Access note

Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the the University Archives.

Return to Table of Contents »


Controlled Access Headings

Subject(s)

  • Buildings
  • Decorative arts
  • Decorative arts.
  • Eastern Michigan University

Return to Table of Contents »


Collection Inventory

Painting 


    Box Object
Realia (32307024753312)   1 1

Return to Table of Contents »