Olds Student Recreation Intramural Complex records
015.ORSRIC

Summary Information

Repository
Eastern Michigan University Archives
Title
Olds-Robb Student Recreation-Intramural Complex records
ID
015.ORSRIC
Date [inclusive]
1977-2012
Extent
0.4 Linear feet 1 archive box
Language
English
Abstract
The Olds-Robb Student Recreation-Intramural Complex is a building on Eastern Michigan University's campus, which was constructed and dedicated in 1982. It was originally named for Lloyd W. Olds, a head of the Department of Physical Education, the track coach, and the founder of the Intramural program. The building was renovated in 1991, and renamed in 1993 to include an acknowledgement of Board of Regents member Richard Robb. The materials in the collection includes records related to the planning, construction, and administration of the building and Rec/IM programs.

Preferred Citation note

Please cite materials from the University Archives in the following manner: Item. Collection Title. Eastern Michigan University Archives.

Return to Table of Contents »


Administrative History

The Olds-Robb Student Recreation-Intramural Complex was constructed and dedicated in 1982 on the Eastern Michigan University campus in Ypsilanti, Michigan. It was named for Lloyd W. Olds, a graduate of Michigan State Normal College in 1916, who worked in the Department of Physical Education, coached the track team, and founded the Intramural program. He served as head of the Department of Physical Education from 1956 to 1963. The building was renovated in 1991. The name was changed to Olds-Robb Student Recreation-Intramural Complex in 1993, in acknowledgement of Richard Robb, a Board of Regents member and Rec/IM supporter.

Return to Table of Contents »


Scope and Contents

The Olds-Robb Student Recreation-Intramural Complex was constructed and dedicated in 1982 on the Eastern Michigan University campus in Ypsilanti, Michigan. It was named for Lloyd W. Olds, a graduate of Michigan State Normal College in 1916, who worked in the Department of Physical Education, coached the track team, and founded the Intramural program. He served as head of the Department of Physical Education from 1956 to 1963. The building was renovated in 1991. The name was changed to Olds-Robb Student Recreation-Intramural Complex in 1993, in acknowledgement of Richard Robb, a Board of Regents member and Rec/IM supporter.

The Olds-Robb Student Recreation-Intramural Complex records include building dedication materials, business planning records, clippings, event and program brochures, facilities planning materials, membership materials, and the Rec-Im newsletter. The records are dated approximately 1977 to 2012.

Return to Table of Contents »


Administrative Information

Publication Information

Eastern Michigan University Archives 2012 November 9

Halle Library, Room 310
Ypsilanti, Michigan, 48197
734-487-0020

Conditions Governing Access note

Researchers are asked to request materials 24 hours prior to visiting the the University Archives.

Return to Table of Contents »


Controlled Access Headings

Subject(s)

  • Athletics.
  • Building dedications.
  • Buildings
  • College sports
  • Eastern Michigan University

Return to Table of Contents »


Collection Inventory

Building Dedication 16 October 1982 


    Box Folder
Mixed materials (32307023992747)   1 1

Return to Table of Contents »


Business Plan 2000-2001 


    Box Folder
Text (32307023992747)   1 2

Return to Table of Contents »


Clippings 1977-2012 


    Box Folder
Mixed materials (32307023992747)   1 3-7

Return to Table of Contents »


Event Brochures 


    Box Folder
Graphic materials (32307023992747)   1 8-10

Return to Table of Contents »


Facilities Planning and Administration 1983-1993 


    Box Folder
Text (32307023992747)   1 11

Return to Table of Contents »


Membership Brochures and Applications 


    Box Folder
Mixed materials (32307023992747)   1 12

Return to Table of Contents »


Rec-Im Newsletter 1983-1988 


    Box Folder
Text (32307023992747)   1 13

Return to Table of Contents »